Thursday, September 15, 2011

Beautiful Feet

While doing my laundry tonight I realized another reminder of Hebrews 12 from my ride and crash Saturday. I was wearing these socks:
Adam Little
They say "Run with Endurance the race marked out for you". They were made in memory of Adam Little, who was tragically killed while riding to work in Charlotte last year. He was a believer, and like Abel, "through his faith, though he died, he still speaks" (Hebrews 11:4). I didn't know him, but after his death the local cycling community was grief-stricken; he was loved by all who knew him.

I see all this, and connect the dots, but my heart faints. God has answered my prayer this week to show me my crooked ways that need to be made straight, and that has hurt and humbled me, but I feel weak and lazy and my heart is distracted with temporal things and dispassionate toward the invisible things of God.


Hear my cry, O God,
listen to my prayer;
from the end of the earth I call to you
when my heart is faint.
Lead me to the rock
that is higher than I,
for you have been my refuge,
a strong tower against the enemy. (Psalm 61:1-3)

No comments:

Post a Comment